Women in Entrepreneurship Ghana (WIEG), organizers of the prestigious Women In Entrepreneurship Awards (WIEA) have announced winners of the various categories for this year’s edition.
The event which took place at the Accra Tourist Information Centre, last weekend, saw Josephine Aku Selorm Gator walk home with the ultimate award as the Woman Entrepreneur of the Year.
Some dignitaries include Stacy Amoateng, Oheneyere Gifty Anti, Tagoe Sisters, Her Excellency Ambassador Erieka Bennett, Esther Addo of Estaron Balloons, and Ambassador Nancy Sam were also honored.
WIEA seeks to showcase women-owned enterprises and celebrate women entrepreneurs from conceivable industries, and in the process shine a national light on their hard work and efforts to improve lives in Ghana amidst the hardship of the COVID-19 pandemic.
Below is the full list of winners.
• Ready-made Garment of the Year – Dressit Up
• Agriwoman of the year – Monalisa Baaba
• Yarn Stylist of the year – Loops.xx
• Tv Show of the year – Girls Vibe
• Cosmetics vendor of the year – Irving Ackom
• Tv Host of the Year – Citizen Mina
• Photographer of the year – Kafui Praize
• Fashion Designer of the Year – Julie Perp
• Hairstylist of the Year – Wendy Ghartey
• Family Business of the year – Boadu Nkansah Publications
• Food/Catering Service of the Year – Jennifer Bonney
• Actress of the year – Portia Freelove
• Hair Product of the Year – AFB Golden Enterprise
• Beauty and Lifestyle brand of the year – Emmaculate Abowine
• Baker of the Year – Chelcy Anning
• Student Entrepreneur of the year – Yayies Awu
• Innovative Business of the Year – Emmaculate Abowine
• Virtual shop of the Year – Julie Comfort Enterprise
• Kitchen and electrical appliances – Abigail Boatemaa
• Event Center of the Year – L’Chaim Exquisite Event Center
• Most promising woman Entrepreneur of the Year – Majeeda Ali Nuhu
• Superwoman of the Year – Elizabeth Aso